What is Virtual Organizing?
Virtual organizing is a lot like in-person organizing, except that we meet virtually via phone, tablet, or computer using Zoom or Skype. Just as with in-person organizing, these sessions provide non-judgmental, supportive and encouraging guidance to keep you on task and hold you accountable so you can achieve your personal organizing goals. The process gives you time flexibility and cost savings because virtual organizing sessions are shorter than hands-on and can happen anywhere and at any time.
Virtual organizing is good for any area of your home from attic to garage and all spaces in between. It’s also great for systems like mail, meal planning, chores, bill-paying, and more. We can work on paper management, time management, photos, and memorabilia. Virtual organizing can help you navigate transitions marriage, divorce, parenthood, empty nesting, retirement, and moves.
How Does Virtual Organizing Work?
- Your initial phone consultation is FREE! You tell me about what you’re needing help with and ask me any questions you have so we make sure we’re a good fit.
- We book a Zoom, Skype, or phone session and decide on what we’ll be organizing during that time.
- I send you a short questionnaire about the space and instructions about how to photograph it.
- You send me photos of your space and return the questionnaire.
- During the session, I coach you through decisions like what to get rid of, where things should go, and otherwise provide you with organizing tips and my professional advice.
- After our session, I send an email with follow-up tasks from our session. This may include To Do and To Buy lists and a link to a Pinterest board I create with products and resources customized for you.
- In between sessions, you can contact me by text, email, or phone for additional support, project planning, or research.
Contact Me for your free consultation.
Is Virtual Organizing for Me?
- I am not naturally organized, but I want to learn how to be.
- I am motivated to make changes in my life but need the help and guidance of a professional organizer.
- So that I don’t get stuck in overwhelm or procrastination, I need a professional organizer as an accountability partner.
- I am naturally organized but feel stuck on some projects and could use your expertise.
- Shorter organizing sessions work best for my attention span or energy level.
- I’m on a limited budget but need the expertise of a professional organizer.
- I really want to work with you, but I live outside of your service area.
If you said yes to any of the above, you are probably a great candidate for virtual organizing!
What do I need?
- Internet access, email, and smartphone
- A computer or tablet
- Zoom or Skype capability (I can teach you)
- To take pictures of your space to share before our appointment. I’ll guide you through this simple process.
- The physical ability to do hands-on organizing work by yourself (or with help from family or friends).
Types of Virtual Organizing Sessions
spaceWise offers a number of different virtual organizing session types to fit your needs. Contact me today for your free consultation.
- We’re on Zoom for one three hours and I’m with you the whole time. While you’re sorting and doing, I give you decluttering and organizing advice, answer any questions, keep you on track, put together product recommendations, make lists of what you might want to label, etc.
- We’re on Zoom for an hour talking through stuff while you sort and work. After that hour, you have another “action hour,” then report back about where you are. Some folks want another session that day or the next. Some people want to wait a week or longer.
- For some decluttering and sorting sessions, we can do virtual half days or days in which we talk the first 15 minutes of each hour to get you started and then check back in to figure out the next steps. That way you’re getting my guidance all the way through but you’re taking instruction and running with it. At the end of three hours, we do another 15 minutes to wrap up.
Certain types of sessions work best for one room or system. We’ll figure out what works best for you together.
Ready for a Free Consultation?
Call 512-591-8129 or contact me by email and let’s talk about how I can help.